Configure the telephony settings
Create the SBC
1. Log in to https://admin.microsoft.com and go to Voice -> Direct Routing.
Give the new SBC the following parameters:
Gateway site ID
Location based routing
Preferred country or region for media traffic
SBC supports PIDF/LO for emergency calls
Failover response codes
Failover time (seconds)
Concurrent Call capacity
Default Increase if required by your implementation
Forward P-Asserted-Identity header
Forward call history
Send SIP options
SIP Signaling port
Enter the domain added in point 2. in previous section
If you receive this error, the domain has not yet been activated in Teams. Make sure you created the activation user in point 2.3. Give it some more time and try to Save again.
After the SBC has been created you can delete the activation user.
Create the voice line
2. In the Teams admin panel (https://admin.teams.microsoft.com) go to Voice -> Direct Routing -> Voice Routes and click “Add”
3. Enter the Route name from the below table, based on the region you are connecting to
Set Priority to 1, and Dialed Number Pattern to “.*”
4. Click “Add SBCs” and select the SBC created in point 1.
5. Click “Add PSTN Usage”, click “+ Add”, input the Voice Route name (e.g. Routeams-WE1), tick the check-box and click “Save and apply”
Configure a voice routing policy
6. In Teams Admin panel go to Policy for voice routing.
Click “Add”. Give the policy the same name as the Voice Route (e.g. Routeams-we1).
Click “Add PSTN Usage”. Choose the one created in 1. Click “Apply” and “Save”